The Ultimate Counter and Bar Stool Roundup
Counter stools seems to be a lot of people’s decorating kryptonite. Sometimes it’s mine as well! Its a piece of furniture that is prominent in your home and likely used non-stop so it has to be pretty AND durable while alos coordinating with your kitchen AND any other decor nearby if your space is open concept. So I find it helpful to do roundups of them often.
COUNTER STOOL BUYING TIPS:
- Make sure you give enough space between each stool- don’t try to cram in too many- they will be uncomfortable and make your kitchen look sloppy.
- Make sure the distance between the seat of the stool and the bottom of the counter is about 10″- this is ideal for comfort. Most counter stools will be 26″ because the average kitchen counter is 36″ high- but make sure you measure your counter before buying!
- Measure the recess the stools push into- you want to give enough room for peoples legs while keeping their backs close enough to the counter itself. I have a shallow overhang so this is an issue- backless stools work best in this instance.
- Make sure the material suits your lifestyle. Got kids? You’ll want to stick to wood, plastic, outdoor fabric or faux leather- easy cleanup and strong durability. Leather can go either way- its durable, but if someone sits on a blueberry on it- it’s going to stain.
- If you have upholstered dining chairs in the same space, look for non upholstered counter stools and vice versa. Or instead of upholster look for woven styles.
1. Vienna Stool | 2. Coleman Stool | 3. Raskog Stool | 4. Perch Stool | 5. Bend Stool | 6. Wexler Stool | 7. Reverb Stool | 8. Safavieh Stool | 9. Cushioned Stool | 10. Barley Stool | 11. Wishbone Stool | 12. Vig Stool | 13. Gubi Stool | 14. Daily Stool | 15. Javanese Stool | 16. Schoolhouse Stool | 17. Riviera Stool | 18. Wrap Stool | 19. Hot Mesh Stool | 20. Acrylic Stool | 21. Tailored Stool | 22. Flint Gold Stool | 23. Zip Stool | 24. Dalfred Stool | 25. Curran Crema Stool | 26. Duro Stool | 27. Elston Swivel Stool | 28. Grant Fabric Stool | 29. Carrie Stool | 30. Roadhouse Leather Stool
1. Nicole Counter Stool | 2. Sidecar Stool | 3. Tig Stool | 4. Leather Stool | 5. Kens Stool | 6. Oviedo Stool | 7. Wire Stool | 8. Scholar Stool | 9. John Vogel Stool | 10. Metal Stool | 11. Swivel Stool | 12. Quincy Stool | 13. Portland Stool | 14. Machinist Stool | 15. Silver Stool | 16. Abacus Stool | 17. Jays Stool | 18. Ammon Stool | 19. Emerson Stool | 20. Country Stool | 21. Cabin Stool | 22. Riviera Stool | 23. Bend Goods Stool | 24. Carlisle Stool | 25. Carson Stool | 26. Safavieh Stool | 27. Slope Stool | 28. PO Stool | 29. Muuto Nerd Stool | 30. Asti Stool